One of the most popular cities in the world today, New York City or the Big Apple is home to many of the most iconic and well known destinations in the US today. Visited by over 50 million, New York City is the most popular city for travelers in all of the nation and one of the top cities in the world. Home to millions of residents, the massive city has a rich history which is a part of the draw. Welcoming millions of immigrants over the years in search of a new life from countries around the world, most Americans can trace their roots back to this part of history. Iconic features and historic destinations which deal with this part of history as well as many other parts of our nations history are located throughout making it the perfect place for visitors of all ages and interests. Take a look at NYC’s top attractions for travel in 2013 with Bill Bailey Travel.
Perhaps most well known for its museums, top museums rank as many of the most popular attractions today including:
- American Museum of Natural History – One of the largest and most innovative natural history museums in the world and includes the world’s largest collection of dinosaur and other vertebrate fossils, with more than 600 specimens on display.
- Brooklyn Children’s Museum – Founded in 1899, this museum is considered one of the best museums for children in all of the greater NYC metro area.
- Museum of Jewish Heritage – A Living Memorial to the Holocaust -Explore the broad tapestry of Jewish life in the 20th and 21st centuries.
- Museum of Modern Art – The world’s leading museum of modern art. Collection highlights include paintings by such modern masters as Vincent van Gogh, Claude Monet and Jackson Pollock.
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum – Frank Lloyd Wright’s masterpiece of modern architecture is home to one of the world’s finest collections of 20th century art.
- Cloisters Museum and Gardens – A branch of The Metropolitan Museum of Art devoted to medieval art and architecture.
- Whitney Museum of American Art – The leading institution of American art and culture of our time
Rich in history, filled with art and culture as well as the most diverse group of people in the world today, New York City is a travelers dream. Experience history and culture like no where else. For many traveling to see the “sites”, the New York Pass is a great way to save time and money. You can learn more about the New York Pass at their website NewYorkPass.com.
Bill Bailey Travel welcomes you to the wonderful world of travel and vacation planning. Enjoy the world around you, explore top destinations and get to know more about travel with Bill Bailey Travel.